Wolf (also known as Wolfmaan) is the co-founder of Barefoot Bushcraft and has worked in the outdoor education industry for almost two decades.
Many people know of Wolf because he is always barefoot. Wolf is a multi-talented instructor who teaches outdoor education and skills to a wide variety of audiences.
Wolf is a man with many talents and experiences shaped by his work experience and outdoor career.
As a young boy, Wolf spent summers working on a peach farm in Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario, learning traditional skills of his Polish ancestors. These experiences instilled in him a deep appreciation for nature and self-sufficiency, which would later serve him well in life.
After becoming a tractor trailer driver, Wolf got to explore almost every city, state, and province in North America. With his favourite place being the homes of the historic Mountain Man. Namely Utah, Wyoming and Colorado. He continued to travel to remote places, even after leaving his truck driving career.
Wolf spent time as community investigations officer working to deter shop theft, secure businesses after hours, and was a managing patrol officer with the worlds largest security firm at the time.
Wolfs life direction changed in 2009 when he hiked the entire 850km of the Bruce Trail completely barefoot. His life focused shifted on working as an instructor at a call centre, to serving his community and working in the wilderness.
Well schooled, Wolf has attended College for Wildlife Forestry Conservation, Police Foundations, and Recreation & Leisure services, Brock University and holds dozens of certifications for outdoor education. This includes Scuba Divermaster, Wilderness First Responder, Firearms instructor, archery instructor, and many more.
With a passion for the community, and the outdoors, Wolf has worked with many outdoor education centres including being a dog sled driver at Chocpaw Exepeditions, Rock Climbing instructor at Peaks Climbing Club, Scuba Divemaster, Canoe expedition leader with Easter Seals camps, firearms instructor & range officer at Silverdale Gun Club, and various other organizations. Wolf has also taught at various prestigious schools such as the Royal Elite International Academy, Ridley College, and at various school boards around Ontario.
In 2013 Wolf started a community service school called “Barefoot Bushcraft” and has since shown the way of the wilderness to tens of thousands of individuals. Wolfs grass roots organization has grown to become a powerhouse in the outdoor industry employing several skilled individuals and delivering programming around the province. In 2022 Wolf co-founded Wild Nomads Forest School.
Wolf currently lives in an off grid community along the coast of Lake Erie with his team of sled dogs.
- CPR/AED Instructor
- Canine Crisis Management Instructor
- Day Hike Leader Scouts Woodbadge
- Heavy Vehicle Driver (Ontario Class A, C, Z)
- High Five Level I
- High Five Level II
- Leave No Trace Master Educator
- NCCP Basic Archery Instructor
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Ontario Archery Association Level I Coach
- Ontario Archery Association Level II Coach
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 1
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 2
- ORCKA Canadian Style Paddling Level 3
- PADI Advanced Scuba Diver
- PADI Divemaster training
- PADI Open Water Scuba Diver
- PADI Rescue Diver
- Pet First Aid Instructor
- Police Foundations Diploma
- Private Pilots Licence (PPL)
- Recreation and Leisure Services Associate Degree
- Wilderness First Responder
- Wildlife Conservation Associate Degree
- Adventure Guide with WolfTrek Tours
- Adventure Specialist with YMCA
- Climbing Instructor at Peaks
- Corporate Trainer at Sitel
- District Patrol Supervisor at Group 4 Falck
- Government of Canada
- Head Counsellor with YMCA
- Hike Leader for Brock Outdoors
- Outdoor Educator at Heartland Forest
- Outtripper with Easter Seals Camp
- President of NC-Outdoor Club
- Program Co-Ordinator at Camp Edgewood
- Program Facilitator with Youth Leadership Camps Canada
- Scout Leader with Scouts Canada
- Search and Rescue Air Spotter
- Search and Rescue Ground Searcher
- Youth Co-Ordinator with Township of Tiny
Please Note: Wolfmaan is not a member of the Canadian Armed Forces